The Cemetery by the Church was constructed in the year 1703 and came to cost around 150 ‘Skudi’. It was extended on the 26th June 1814 and was blessed by Bishop Ferdinandu Matti. This cemetrey was used for those who died of contagious illness. From the 1st of January 1935 all dead people of Gharb and St Lawrence started getting buried in this cemetery. On the 29th July 1942 the Church and even the cemetery were greatly damaged by German bombs.
This Church remained parish for about 50 years, when in 1698 the people of Gharb sent a request to Grandmaster Raymondu Perelli as to be given a site for a new church to be built.