On the 23 March 1688 the altar dedicated to St Francis of Assisi was previously dedicated to Our Lady of Rosary. The other altar of St Mary Madden was dedicated to the souls in Purgatory. On the 29th July 1842 Pope Greogory XIV gave Plenary Indulgence to everyone who visited this church in the seven main feasts.
The titular feast was held with great devotion and even fireworks were used. BISHOP GM CAMILLERI OSA blessed the big bell of this church on the 16th June 1902 and Archpriest Frangisku Saverju Debrincat paid half of its cost. Luigi Boero of Genoa made it. In 1904 the steeple was built together with the Chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows.