Home    |    Notice Board    |    Locality News    |    Press Releases    |    Map    |    Locality Services    |    Contact Us
< >
Home
NoticeBoard
Press Releases
Tenders
Annual Activities
Il-Pjazza
Publications
Minutes
Archive

Local News
International News
Sport News
Malta Weather
Exchange Rates

About 'l-Għarb'
The Council
Locality Services
Services Offered by
Europe for Citizens
Twinning with Gerano
Equalabel
OBIMED Project

Village History
The Parish
Folklore Museum
Places of Interest
Traditional Recipies
Map
Photo Gallery

Restaurants
Transport to Gharb

Local Clubs
Gharb Parish Centre
The Gharb Club in M.

Contact Us

Links
Village History
Għarb as a Parish
Bishop Molina decided to raise the church to a Parish owing to the number of people (300) who were eligible to receive communion. Besides the village of Gharb was 3 miles away from the Cathedral and people who died at night couldn't receive the Blessed Sacrament. After being assured that the parochial community of Gharb could financially maintain a parish priest, Bishop Mikiel Glormu Molina declared Gharb as a parish on the 29th August 1679.
<< 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | |  11 | 12 | 13 | 14 >>
Return to Top of the Page