Home    |    Notice Board    |    Locality News    |    Press Releases    |    Map    |    Locality Services    |    Contact Us
< >
Home
NoticeBoard
Press Releases
Tenders
Annual Activities
Il-Pjazza
Publications
Minutes
Archive

Local News
International News
Sport News
Malta Weather
Exchange Rates

About 'l-G─žarb'
The Council
Locality Services
Services Offered by
Europe for Citizens
Twinning with Gerano
Equalabel
OBIMED Project

Village History
The Parish
Folklore Museum
Places of Interest
Traditional Recipies
Map
Photo Gallery

Restaurants
Transport to Gharb

Local Clubs
Gharb Parish Centre
The Gharb Club in M.

Contact Us

Links
Village History
The Cemetery by the Church
The Cemetery by the Church was constructed in the year 1703 and came to cost around 150 'Skudi'. It was extended on the 26th June 1814 and was blessed by Bishop Ferdinandu Matti. This cemetrey was used for those who died of contagious illness. From the 1st of January 1935 all dead people of Gharb and St Lawrence started getting buried in this cemetery. On the 29th July 1942 the Church and even the cemetery were greatly damaged by German bombs.
This Church remained parish for about 50 years, when in 1698 the people of Gharb sent a request to Grandmaster Raymondu Perelli as to be given a site for a new church to be built.
<< 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | |  11 | 12 | 13 | 14 >>
Return to Top of the Page