Home    |    Notice Board    |    Locality News    |    Press Releases    |    Map    |    Locality Services    |    Contact Us
< >
Home
NoticeBoard
Press Releases
Tenders
Annual Activities
Il-Pjazza
Publications
Minutes
Archive

Local News
International News
Sport News
Malta Weather
Exchange Rates

About 'l-G─žarb'
The Council
Locality Services
Services Offered by
Europe for Citizens
Twinning with Gerano
Equalabel
OBIMED Project

Village History
The Parish
Folklore Museum
Places of Interest
Traditional Recipies
Map
Photo Gallery

Restaurants
Transport to Gharb

Local Clubs
Gharb Parish Centre
The Gharb Club in M.

Contact Us

Links
Village History
The Artals
On the 23 March 1688 the artal dedicated to St Francis of Assisi was previously dedicated to Our Lady of Rosary. The other altar of St Mary Madden was dedicated to the souls in Purgatory. On the 29th July 1842 Pope Greogory XIV gave Plenary Indulgence to everyone who visited this church in the seven main feasts.
The titular feast was held with great devotion and even fireworks were used. BISHOP GM CAMILLERI OSA blessed the big bell of this church on the 16th June 1902 and Archpriest Frangisku Saverju Debrincat paid half of its cost. Luigi Boero of Genoa made it. In 1904 the steeple was built together with the Chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows.
<< 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | |  11 | 12 | 13 | 14 >>
Return to Top of the Page