Home    |    Notice Board    |    Locality News    |    Press Releases    |    Map    |    Locality Services    |    Contact Us
< >
Home
NoticeBoard
Press Releases
Tenders
Annual Activities
Il-Pjazza
Publications
Minutes
Archive

Local News
International News
Sport News
Malta Weather
Exchange Rates

About 'l-G─žarb'
The Council
Locality Services
Services Offered by
Europe for Citizens
Twinning with Gerano
Equalabel
OBIMED Project

Village History
The Parish
Folklore Museum
Places of Interest
Traditional Recipies
Map
Photo Gallery

Restaurants
Transport to Gharb

Local Clubs
Gharb Parish Centre
The Gharb Club in M.

Contact Us

Links
Village History
The Church during the years
Today's church is built on the ruins of another one. The previous one was profaned by Bishop Baloguer that the new church must to keep going the great devotion that the old one had.
The permit was given on the 17th June 1663 from the same Bishop Balaguer. In 1675 it began to be constructed and was ready by 1678. The money for its building was raised from collections by the village people. The Apostolic visitor Mons Pietru Duzzina renamed 'Tal-Virtu'. On the 29th August 1679 Bishop Mikiel Glormu Molina declared it a parish with Dun Ganmarija Camilleri as its first parish priest.
<< 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | |  11 | 12 | 13 | 14 >>
Return to Top of the Page